Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well, Saturday was a beautiful day here. Despite my sprained ankle, I did manage to get out and enjoy it a little bit. I weeded my garden, planted my zucchini, attempted to mow my lawn, and visited the Garden Art Fair at the Depot. I only managed to get through about 1/4 of my lawn before I realized that it was going to be too much for my ankle and quit. Later that afternoon, my neighbor was out mowing his lawn and asked if I had run out of gas since mine was only partially done. When I explained about my ankle, without even hesitating he said, “Oh! I’ll do it then!” and finished mowing my lawn for me! I have the best neighbors!

Saturday night Ethan got to stay at Grandma’s house so Cliff & I could enjoy an evening out. We went out to dinner and a movie (The Forbidden Kingdom). Dinner was great, as usual and the movie wasn’t bad… I don’t think I’ve seen the inside of a movie theater in over two years! Most of the time if I can get out without Ethan, who I think is still too young for the theater, a movie isn’t worth the money. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE movies. I have hundred’s of DVDs. It just it’s usually worth $30 for tickets and snacks for two people when I can buy it used at Blockbuster for $10 three months later. There are always exceptions to this, of course… certain highly anticipated movies like the new Indiana Jones or the Hobbit I’ll gladly pay full price to go see.

I did get quite a bit of knitting done this weekend. Sunday my knitting group met and I managed to finish the cuff of my second sock. I also am now over half done with a gift I won’t go into details about until after it’s gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment