Thursday, April 3, 2008

Unusual BBQ

Last weekend, a friend of Cliff's hosted a BBQ that centered around unusual and exotic meat. He made mini burgers so people could try any of the various meat they dared. The menu included Kobe beef, buffalo, wild boar, ostrich, llama, alligator, antelope, kangaroo, and a few others that I'm sure I forgot. Buffalo and ostrich were two that I'd been curious about so I tried them along with alligator. The buffalo was, not surprisingly, very much like beef. The alligator didn't taste like much, but the texture was not particularly enjoyable...not bad, just nothing special. The ostrich I did not like at all. Cliff claims it is because it was undercooked, but I'm not sure that was the only reason.

One of the women at this BBQ, Kris I believe her name was (I'm horrible with names!) commented on my "My So-Called Scarf" and asked if I had knit it myself. At first I thought, oh no! It looks hand made! It wasn't as bad as that. She is a knitter and we had a lovely conversation about knitting. As I was talking with her about it, she was curious about the stitch pattern and complimented me on how even my stitches are for such a new knitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment