Friday, September 4, 2009

Scrapbooks

I've been a scrapbooker for many years now. I really got into it when Ethan was born... I made small books for all the grandparents and great-grandparents chronicling his first year. Since then, I've done the occasional layout here and there, but found it difficult to have to put everything away half way through, just so the kid wouldn't get into it or so we could eat dinner.

Rolltop deskRolltop desk
I finally have a dedicated scrapbooking "corner" of my living room. Actually, it is an antique roll-top desk my mom gave me. It is perfect because I can just close the top when I'm done for the day, and not have to put all my stuff away. I actually got some scrapbooking done! The desk still is in need of some organization, but it is coming along nicely.

The layouts I finished are coming in at #26 and #27 in the 52 craft challenge. I know it sounds like I am WAY behind, but I have a few other finished projects that I just haven't posted yet.
Picture 002edit
cimiez
Way back in 1993, when I was a senior in high school, I traveled to France with some class mates for spring break. Now, more than 15 years later, I finally get around to organizing and displaying the photos and things I brought home with me.

Knitting-wise, I did finish this cute little guy:
Grrr
He is #28 in the 52 craft challenge.

The show at the Depot Arts Center opens tonight and I have 5 pieces on display. Now that I don't feel like I have to keep those projects under wraps, I'll photograph them and share them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment