Saturday, September 5, 2009

Depot Arts Center

For the month of September, I've been asked to be a guest artist for the Dewey Beach Artists Fall Collection. at the Depot Arts Center in Anacortes.

I chose five pieces, two of which I made specifically for this show, to represent my work. At the opening last night, I got to see the very talented company I was in and felt honored to be included in this group of artists.

Here are two of the pieces I knit for the show:
Silk beaded bag
Beaded silk bag with Japanese seed beads.
Wavelength scarf
Crocheted Scarf


Here are some examples of the work produced by other artists in the collection(I got a little artsy with the photos):
Woven scarves by Laure Brooks
Bamboo Scarves
Raku pottery by Pat Ball:
"The World In Black and White"
Turned vase by Jerry Holmes:
Maple Vase
Steel salmon by John Sayre:
Salmon

The bag and scarf are #29 & #30 for the 52-craft challenge. Once I finished knitting for the show, I lost the desire to knit for a little while. I am back at it now and hopefully will be catching up. The weather has definitely turned fall-like, which means less gardening and more knitting, sewing, and scrapbooking(I hope!)

1 comment: