Thursday, March 20, 2008

My first entry

Well, while attempting to sleep the other night, I suddenly felt the need to start a blog. I don't know why, really. I've never been good at keeping a diary or journal.

So, I guess my goal in starting this blog is to chronicle my hobbies and activities of life in general. I'm a single mom of a 4-year-old boy. I live in a smallish town that I love, though I've only been here a year. I'm a knitter, crocheter, scrapbooker, photographer, quilter, and the list goes on and on, depending on my mood. Currently, my focus is knitting. I just taught myself to knit as part of my New Year's Resolution and am really enjoying it. I've joined a knitting group called Knitting Neighbors (they're actually my mom's neighbors, but they were kind enough to include me.)

Today is March 20, "Wear a Sweater Day" to honor what would have been Fred Roger's 80th birthday. Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was a wonderful show and I am only sorry that my son will not have the experience I did of growing up as part of the Neighborhood. In honor of "Wear a Sweater Day," I am wearing my blue Dale of Norway cardigan I purchased many years ago, but still love. Someday, I hope to have the knitting skills to replicate it in another color palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment