Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Homeschool Resources

I've decided to occasionally share some of my favorite homeschool resources with you. Over the last year I have sifted through tons of books, websites, and blogs and now I'm going to share my favorites with you. I first thought it could be a weekly scheduled post or something like that, but I just don't have the discipline to post with that kind of regularity. So, it'll be a sporadic thing when I think of something good to share.

My first resource to share is a website, Homeschool Freebie of the Day. Each day a new freebie is posted for download. The freebies include
e-books, audio books, dramatic radio shows, lesson plans, unit studies, and audio seminars for parents. I have downloaded books on drawing, bees, history, craft ideas... tons of different stuff!

Right now many of their resources are holiday related, stories about the first Thanksgiving or the life of the Pilgrims. Each resource is only available for a day, so the hardest part is remembering to check in daily! If you become a subscriber to their weekly "heads up" email, you receive a bonus download each week. The resources are also great for parents who want to supplement their child's public/private school education, or encourage a child's (or your own!) interest in a subject.

I hope you enjoy this resource as much as we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment