Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Gift

So my birthday is next month. About a week ago, I mentioned to Cliff that I planned on buying myself a new camera lens for my birthday and showed him which one I wanted. Well, he bought it for me! I know my birthday is still a month away, but he gave it to me now so he wouldn't forget what I wanted or get the wrong one. I got out and played with it a bit in the garden. It is a Canon EF 50 mm 1:1.8 II. From all the research I did, this appears to be a great priced, versatile lens. It is supposed to be great for portraits, but I didn't have a human subject handy, just flowers... so I played with bokeh.

I've not used a fixed lens before, so it was definitely a new experience. Here are some of my first attempts:
Pansy

Columbine

Irises

and

Daisies

I think I LOVE this lens!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures lately have been awesome! Did you get a whole new camera, or is it just 'practice makes perfect'? Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have 2 cameras. Most of my knitting shots are taken with my little Canon point and shoot. About 2 years ago I got a nice Canon Rebel XTi and I've been learning a lot with it

    ReplyDelete