Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Inaugural Color Walk

In an effort to find fun ways to incorporate lessons into daily activities, I've instituted what I call a "Color Walk." Ethan gets to pick a color and then we go out for a walk at our favorite place, Washington Park (it is a 2.2 mile paved loop but we take the shortcut so its closer to 1.75 miles) and take photos of everything we find in the chosen color. This allows me to get out and get some exercise while giving him something to do along the way that holds his interest.

For our first color walk, Ethan chose black. Here is a sampling of some of the things we found:

My glove My glove

Ethan's pants & shoes Ethan's pants and shoes.

Speed bump A speed bump.

rocksRocks down on the beach.

trial sign 1A trail sign.

one way signA One-way sign.

And last, but not least... we saw two different families of black-tail deer. It is pretty common to see them though I think there are only 2 or 3 families in this park. The first doe we saw had one fawn. The second had her twins.Black tail deer
more black tail deerSorry about the quality on the last one, but it was taken through the windshield of my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment